Thursday 30 September 2010

Professional Profile

My name is Nicole Louise and I am a Choreographer and Dance Teacher. I have been lucky enough to smoothly move from a colourful career  as a professional dancer in the industry to forming my own business Manic Stage Productions and choreographing and teaching across the country and as far as the States!
From a young age I was in love with performing and attended every type of dance, singing and drama class available to me. Once the moment came to decide on my future career path there was no question as to what I wanted to do. I trained for 3 years at Performers College, graduating in 2002 with The National Diploma for Professional Dance (Musical Theatre) and an ISDT Teachers Qualification in Modern.
My career started primarily as a dancer / singer and professional credits include; An Audience with Kylie Minogue, Comedy Bonanza, Snow White, Decades Tribute Tour, Las Vegas Show Girls, The Snow Queen to name but a few. 
Still in love with the “business” but realising a dancers career can be successful but short I couldn’t bare the thought of one day having no connection with the industry that had truly engulfed my world. With this in mind I started to form my now ever expanding company Manic Stage Productions and slowly transfer my focus onto choreographing and teaching.
Manic Stage Productions has been up and running for 4 years and has given me great opportunities to teach both professionals and non professionals at many schools and companies across the South Coast. As a choreographer I have been lucky enough to see my soul come alive on stage as dancers beautifully execute my work and my ideas are brought to life. 
The highlight of my career has to be my 3 summers working at Stagedoor Manor New York as Choreographer. It is a Performing arts program for 11 - 18 year olds and there is nowhere else in the world like it! The talent and commitment of every single pupil is second to none and I get such a buzz teaching and training these young minds. There passion and determination to succeed is inspiring and it gives me a thrill to be part of their journey into a career i have also been lucky enough to pursue.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole - what a lot you have done as per the listing on your CV. Only dates are missing. The norm is to start with the most recent thing at the top and work back chronologically. Your personal statement is very strong and clearly shows the journey you have already made, where you want to get to and by which means of transport. So, well done. The only thing is that your font is extremely small and I had to zoom in several times before I could read the text. Perhaps you could find out how to iron out this glitch? Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Your two websites are in sharp contrast with one promoting a team and a whole package while the other is very individual. Now you have a third. You will have much material here to reflect upon ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought I'd say hi and let you know how interesting I found your profile. As a performer who is now slowly moving into teaching it was really positive to hear about someone who had made such a successful job of it. I also think that youe profile does a really good job in showing why blogs are so interesting. If I look solely at your CV I can get an idea of what you've done but have no idea of what you are like as a person. Looking at your profile however shows me how committed you are to what you do and how passionate you are about your work. I look forward to pick your brain in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mark, your comment is very encouraging and good to know that I am not alone on this journey! I have yet to find my voice on here but have been following everyones blogs with great interest and admiration for the work everyone has achieved and where each individual wants to get to through this course.
    I will definitely have to start voicing my opinions and become more of an active blogger and your comment has certainly encouraged me to move forward with that...

    ReplyDelete